Nian Wang is a PhD student funded by the Chinese Scholarship Council. He holds a Masters Degree in Botany from the Kunming Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, and a Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry from Shandong Agricultural University. He is currently interested in hybridisation and phylogenomic relationships in the genus Betula (birches).
6. Wang N., Borrell J.S. & Buggs R.J.A. (2014) Is the Atkinson discriminant function a reliable method for distinguishing between Betula pendula and B. pubescens? New Journal of Botany 4: 90-94.
5. Wang N., Borrell J.S., Bodles W.J.A., Kuttapitiya A., Nichols R.A. & Buggs R.J.A. (2014) Molecular footprints of the Holocene retreat of dwarf birch in Britain. Molecular Ecology 23: 2771-2782
4. Wang N., Thomson M., Bodles W.J.A., Crawford R.M.M., Hunt H.V., Featherstone A.W., Pellicer J. & Buggs R.J.A. (2013) Genome sequence of dwarf birch (Betula nana) and cross-species RAD markers. Molecular Ecology 11: 3098-3111
3. Wang N., Jacques F.M.B., Milne R.I., Sun B.L., Zhang C.Q. & Yang J.B. (2012) Phylogeny and a revised classification of the Chinese species of Nyssa (Nyssaceae) based on morphological and molecular data. Taxon 61: 344-354.
2. Wang N., Jacques F.M.B., Milne R.I., Zhang C.Q. & Yang J.B. (2012) DNA barcoding of Nyssaceae (Cornales) and taxonomic issues. Botanical Studies 53: 265-274.
1. Wang N., Zhang C.Q., Yang J.B. & Zhang J.L. (2010) Development and characterization of fifteen polymorphic microsatellites for Rhododendron delavayi Franchet (Ericaceae). HortScience 45: 457-459.