School of Biological and Chemical Science
Queen Mary University of London, London, UK
My research mainly focuses on the genetics and genomics of speciation and adaptation, and hybridization and introgression in closely related horseshoe bats.
- Mao XG, He GM, Zhang JP, Rossiter SJ, Zhang SY (2013) Lineage divergence and historical gene flow in the Chinese horseshoe bat (Rhinolophus sinicus). PLoS ONE, 8, e56786.
- Mao XG, He GM, Hua PY, Jones G, Zhang SY, Rossiter SJ (2013) Historical introgression and the persistence of alleles in the intermediate horseshoe bat (Rhinolophus affinis). Molecular Ecology, 22, 1035-1050.
- Mao XG, Wang JH, Su WT, Wang YX, Yang FT and Nie WH (2010) Karyotypic evolution in family Hipposideridae (Chiroptera, Mammalia) revealed by comparative chromosome painting, G- and C-banding. Chinese Zoological Research, 31, 453-460.
- Mao XG, Zhu GJ, Zhang SY and Rossiter SJ (2010) Pleistocene climatic cycling drives intra-specific diversification in the intermediate horseshoe bat (Rhinolophus affinis) in Southern China. Molecular Ecology, 19, 2754-2769.
- Mao XG, Zhang JP, Zhang SY and Rossiter SJ (2010) Historical male-mediated introgression in horseshoe bats revealed by multi-locus DNA sequence data. Molecular Ecology, 19, 1352-1366.
- Zhang LB, Gong YY, Zhu GJ, Hong TY, Zhao XD and Mao XG (2010) New record of a bat species from China, Megaderma spasma (Linnaeus, 1758). Chinese Zoological Research, 31, 336-340.
- Mao XG, Yang L, Yingying Z, Beibei H and Shuyi Z (2009) Development of 19 polymorphic microsatellite loci for the intermediate horseshoe bat, Rhinolophus affinis (Rhinolophidae, Chiroptera). Conservation Genetics, 10, 709-711.
- Mao XG, Nie WH, Wang JH, Su WT, Feng Q, Wang YX, Dobigny G and Yang FT (2008) Comparative cytogenetics of bats (Chiroptera): the prevalence of Robertsonian translocations limits the power of chromosomal characters in resolving interfamily phylogenetic relationships. Chromosome Research, 16, 155-170.
- Mao XG, Nie WH, Wang JH, Su WT, Ao L, Feng Q, Wang YX, Volleth M and Yang FT (2007) Karyotype evolution in Rhinolophus bats (Rhinolophidae, Chiroptera) illuminated by cross-species chromosome painting and G-banding. Chromosome Research, 15, 835-848.
- Mao XG, Wang JH, Su WT, Zhang LB, Zhao XD, Wei L, Nie WH and Yang FT (2007) The G- and C-banded karyotypes of four bat species from China. Chinese Journal of Zoology, 42, 33-40.
- Ao L, Mao XG, Nie WH, Gu XM, Feng Q, Wang JH, Su WT, Wang YX, Volleth M and Yang FT (2007) Karyotypic evolution and phylogenetic relationships in the order Chiroptera as revealed by G-banding comparison and chromosome painting. Chromosome Research, 15, 257-267.
- Ao L, Gu XM, Feng Q, Wang JH, O’Brien PC, Fu B, Mao XG, Su WT, Wang YX, Volleth M, Yang FT and Nie WH (2006) Karyotype relationships of six bat species (Chiroptera, Vespertilionidae) from China revealed by chromosome painting and G-banding comparison. Cytogenetic Genome Research, 115, 145-153.